IA 110 and Sac County road M 35
Aug. 14 - Contractor will open Sac County road M 43 on Friday, August 11 at 6:00 p.m.
The contractor will close IA 110 and Sac County road M 35 on Monday, August 14 at 8:00 a.m. Weather permitting.
EASTBOUND U.S. 20 AT HOLSTEIN
April 29 - Aug. 1 - On Saturday, April 29, reconstruction work on U.S. 20 at Holstein requires the contractor to close the eastbound lanes. Motorists will be routed onto the westbound lanes of U.S. 20. This head-to head traffic pattern will be in place until the completion of the project on Aug. 1.
U.S. 20 between Ida County Road M-25 and U.S. 71 near Early
March 20 - Dec. 1 - Weather permitting, U.S. 20 between Ida County Road M-25 (near Galva) and U.S. 71 (near Early) will be closed beginning at 6 a.m. Monday, March 20 for the expansion of U.S. 20. The road will remain closed until Dec. 1. Motorists will be directed around the work zone on a signed detour using Ida County Road M-25, Ida/Sac County Road D-15, and U.S. 71.
Holstein to Adams Avenue
C.J. Moyna & Sons of Elkader, IA was awarded the $36.1 million contract.
Correctionville to Holstein
Ames Construction Inc. of Burnsville, MN was awarded the $62.9 million contract. Construction activity is expected to begin in March.
County Roads closed at U.S. 20
Ida County Roads
- Eagle Ave. – north of U.S. 20
- Dodge Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Indian Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Noble Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Ida County Road L-51/Alpine Avenue – south of U.S. 20
Woodbury County Roads
- Knox Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Kossuth Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Lenox Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Lucas Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Woodbury Ave. – south of U.S. 20
- Woodbury Ave. – north of U.S. 20
Sac County Roads
- Esther Ave. – north of U.S. 20
- Adams Av – north of U.S. 20
- Armstrong Av – north of U.S. 20
- Buchanan Ave – south of U.S. 20
- Dean Av – south of U.S. 20
- Esther Av – north and south of U.S. 20
- Fox Av – north of U.S. 20
- Gard Av – south of U.S. 20
- Hope Av – north and south of U.S. 20
- Ira Av – north of U.S. 20
- County Road M43 south of U.S. 20
Construction schedule overview
Construction of two additional lanes of U.S. 20 between Early and Moville began in 2014. This final 40 miles of the U.S. 20 expansion is scheduled for completion in fall 2018. Once completed, a four-lane U.S. 20 will span Iowa.
Click on the colored lines on the map for more information.