The Iowa DOT is committed to helping Iowa cities, counties and other political subdivisions to be as economical and quality conscious as possible when delivering transportation services.
This idea can be accomplished in several ways.
- Using state contracts in purchasing technological improvements and equipment.
- Sharing specifications and proposal language.
- Joint procurement of goods and services.
- Availability and delivery of stocked warehouse supplies.
- Sharing of daily fuel rack average costs.