The proposed interchange is located along I-380 at Forevergreen Road, approximately two miles north of the I-80/I-380 system interchange and two miles south of the existing Pennsylvania Street service interchange in North Liberty. Currently, Forevergreen Road is a two-lane gravel road between Jasper Street and Covered Bridge Boulevard and it connects the municipalities of North Liberty to the north, Coralville to the south and Tiffin to the west.
The Forevergreen Road Interchange will provide:
- congestion relief to the Pennsylvania Street and Coral Ridge Avenue interchanges.
- support for regional travel needs for planned economic development and land uses.
- a diversion route for incident management.
- an alternative temporary traffic routing during the reconstruction of the I-80 / I-380 interchange.
July 2017: Contract letting of the Interchange and adjacent local roadway project (work between Jasper Street and Covered Bridge Boulevard).
- Starting summer 2017: Utility relocations
- Starting as soon as fall 2017: grading
- Starting as soon as late fall 2017: bridge foundation and sub-structure work
- Most of Forevergreen Road construction between Jasper Avenue and Covered Bridge Boulevard will occur in 2018
- 2018 will include utility relocation work between Covered Bridge Boulevard and Jones Boulevard.
- October 2018: Contract letting of Forevergreen Road local roadway project between Covered Bridge Boulevard and Jones Boulevard. Letting for Forevergreen Road Interchange ramp paving.
- 2019: Most of the Forevergreen Road construction between Covered Bridge Boulevard and Jones Boulevard will occur in 2019.
- Fall 2019: Forevergreen Road construction between Covered Bridge Boulevard and Jones Boulevard complete. Forevergreen Road Interchange ramps open.