C. Inspection and acceptance of liquid admixtures for PCC will be according to Materials I.M. 403.
Stir, agitate, or circulate air entraining admixtures prior to use to ensure a uniform and homogeneous mixture.
1. Use retarding and water reducing admixtures compatible with the air entraining agent used.
2. As approved by the Engineer, use admixtures either:
· In amounts recommended by the manufacturer for conditions which prevail on the project, or
· According to Materials I.M. 403.
3. When used, introduce admixtures into the mixer after all other ingredients are in the mixer. The Engineer may approve other procedures.
4. Agitate retarding and water reducing admixtures prior to and during their use according to Materials I.M. 403.
5. When supplementary cementitious materials are used in the concrete, apply the liquid admixture dosage rate to both the cement and supplementary cementitious materials weight combined.
Other admixtures may be used with the Engineer’s approval and according to the manufacturer's recommendations.