Section 2304. Detour Pavement
Furnish and place a PCC or HMA surface to carry traffic during construction of permanent pavement.
Use PCC or HMA for the detour pavement. Meet the following requirements.
Design a mixture per Materials I.M. 510 for the following:
1. For detour pavements or median crossovers on interstates and multi-lane primary highways, use a High Traffic (HT) surface or intermediate mixture, with PG 64-22 asphalt binder. The surface lift requires L-4 friction aggregate.
2. For detour pavements on all other primary highways, use a High Traffic (HT) surface or intermediate mixture with a PG 64-22 asphalt binder.
3. For detour pavements on non-primary projects use a Standard Traffic (ST) surface or intermediate mixture with a PG 64-22 asphalt binder.
Earthwork quantities are based on the PCC option and will not be adjusted for additional HMA depth. Additional cut material may be used as earth shoulder construction.
1. Meet the requirements of Section 2301. Transverse joints, center tie bars, and sealing of the center longitudinal joint are not required.
2. Do not apply Article 2301.03, H, 4, b, unless stated otherwise in the contract documents.
3. Apply Article 2316.02, A, 7.
Meet the requirements of Article 2303.03, E.
Detour Pavement constructed, in square yards, will be the quantity shown in the contract documents.
C. Payment for detour pavement removal will be according to Section 2510.