Galva to EarlyOct. 17, 2016 - late fall 2018- Road construction work for the expansion of U.S. 20 in Ida and Sac counties will require closing the roadway to traffic between Ida County Road M-25 (near Galva) and U.S. 71 (near Early) from 6 a.m. Monday, Oct. 17, until late fall 2018, weather permitting, according to the Iowa Department of Transportation’s District 3 Office.
Motorists will be directed around the work zone on a signed detour using Ida County Road M-25, Ida/Sac County Road D-15, and U.S. 71.
C.J. Moyna and Sons Inc. was awarded the $45,778.318 road construction project.
Holstein to Adams AvenueC.J. Moyna & Sons of Elkader, IA was awarded the $36.1 million contract.
Correctionville to HolsteinAmes Construction Inc. of Burnsville, MN was awarded the $62.9 million contract. Construction activity is expected to begin in March.
County Roads closed at U.S. 20
Ida County Roads
- Marshall Ave. closed north of US 20
- Jasper Ave. north of US 20
- Keystone Ave. north of US 20
- Woodbury Ave. closed south of US 20
- L51 closed south of US 20
- Carriage Ave. south of US 20
- L67/Eagle Ave. south of US 20
Woodbury County Roads
- Taylor Ave. closed south of US 20
- Knox Ave. closed south of US 20
- Kossuth Ave. closed south of US 20
Sac County Roads
- Esther Ave. closed north of US 20
Construction schedule overviewConstruction of two additional lanes of U.S. 20 between Early and Moville began in 2014. This final 40 miles of the U.S. 20 expansion is scheduled for completion in fall 2018. Once completed, a four-lane U.S. 20 will span Iowa.
Click on the colored lines on the map for more information.