System Operations features the following support options:
Office of Traffic Operations
Ensures the mobility and safe operation of the transportation system through coordination and collaboration with transportation stakeholders by:
- Management of the day-to-day traffic operations on the highway system through the statewide Traffic Operations Center (TOC)
- Management of the emergency transportation operations (ETO) response efforts on behalf of the DOT
- Management and maintenance of the 511 Travel Information System
- Deployment and maintenance of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) on the highway system
- Development and maintenance of a coordinated, comprehensive statewide traffic incident management (TIM) response plan
Standard Specifications for Highway and Bridge Construction
- Coordinates the specifications functions for the Department, and provides liaison between the department, FHWA, state legislature, and the construction industry regarding specification issues.
- Coordinates the Specification Committee, which reviews recommendations for specification changes and oversees implementation of those changes.
- Compiles revisions to the General Supplemental Specification to update/revise the Standard Specifications semi-annually.
- Maintains the electronic reference library (ERL) and oversees its publication.
In partnership with field maintenance, we will manage our maintenance operations so that consistent, effective and quality services are provided to the traveling public.
- Winter operations
- Winter travel information
- Adopt-A-Highway information
- Maintenance garages and roadways
- ROW harvisting and mowing