Opening zip foldersHow do I open a .zip file using Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista?
Double-click the .zip file you want to open, or right-click and choose "Extract all" and follow the directions.
How do I open a .zip file using Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows 98 or Windows NT?
Third-party software is required to open .zip files in earlier versions of Windows. Many free programs are available online.
7-Zip is free, easy to use, virus-free and contains no adware. Instructions:
1) Download the 7-Zip exe file to your computer. Double-click the program icon and choose "Run."
2) Choose a location on your hard drive and choose "install."
3) Once complete, open 7-Zip. Navigate to the .zip file you wish to open and double-click.
4) Drag contents to your desktop or other location.
How do I open a .zip file using a Mac?
1) Double-click on the .zip file you wish to open.
2) If the file contains multiple files, the Mac will create a new folder with the same name as the .zip file in the same location.
3) Double-click the folder to view contents.