Personalize your license plate, check availability, and reserve it. If it is available and approved, your plates will be manufactured and delivered to the county treasurer's office in the county where you live. You will be notified when the plates are ready to be picked up.
- This online process is for specialty and personalized plates only. If you need a regular county numbered plate, it must be ordered through your county treasurer’s office.
- Veterans, military, EMS, firefighter, amateur radio, and persons with disabilities plates require certification and cannot be ordered online. To order these plates, you must apply by mail.
- You must have an Iowa driver's license or nondriver ID to complete the online process. Don't have an Iowa driver's license or nondriver ID? Apply by mail.
- Be sure to have a credit card available to complete the online transaction.
- All specialty and personalized license plate orders are subject to Iowa DOT approval.