Personalize your license plate, check availability, and reserve it.
- This online process is for specialty and personalized plates only. If you need a regular county numbered plate, it must be ordered through your county treasurer’s office.
- Veterans, military, EMS, firefighter, amateur radio, and persons with disabilities plates require certification and cannot be ordered online. To order these plates, you must apply by mail.
- Gift certificates for plates can not be ordered online. To order a gift certificate, an application with the appropriate fee must be submitted to the Office of Vehicle & Motor Carrier Services.
- You must have an Iowa driver's license or nondriver ID to complete the online process. Don't have an Iowa driver's license or nondriver ID? Apply by mail.
- Be sure to have a credit card available to complete the online transaction.
- All specialty and personalized license plate orders are subject to Iowa DOT approval.