Used motorcycle rally permitsPermit for used motorcycle rally: Upon application for and receipt of a temporary permit issued by the department, a motor vehicle dealer authorized to sell used motorcycles may display, offer for sale, and negotiate sales of used motorcycles at a motorcycle rally located in this state that meets all of the following conditions.
- The sponsor of the rally conducts not more than one rally annually in this state.
- The rally is conducted for a single period of not less than three and not more than seven consecutive days, not to include Sunday.
- Attendance at the rally is restricted to persons who have paid a nonrefundable admission fee to the sponsor of the rally.
A person licensed as a motor vehicle dealer in another state may apply for and be issued a temporary permit if the person meets all of the following conditions.
- The person presents the department with a current motor vehicle dealer license valid for the sale of used motorcycles at retail in the person's state of residence.
- The state in which the person is licensed as a motor vehicle dealer allows a motor vehicle dealer licensed in Iowa to be issued a permit substantially similar to the temporary permit authorized under this section.
- The person furnishes to the department a $50,000 motor vehicle dealer surety bond.
- The person presents any additional information the department may require.
The department may issue a temporary permit for a period not to exceed seven consecutive days excluding Sundays. A motor vehicle dealer may not receive more than one temporary permit in a calendar year.
A $10 permit fee must be received.
When completed, forward these application forms to:
Office of Vehicle Services
Iowa Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 9278
Des Moines, Iowa 50306-9278