UCR is an annual registration for interstate carriers, leasing companies, brokers and freight forwarders who cross the state line while operating a self-propelled or towed vehicle on highways in commerce that meets one of the following criteria.
Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
- It has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of at least 10,001 pounds, whichever is greater.
- It is designed to transport more than 10 passengers, including the driver.
- It is transporting USDOT-regulated hazardous material that requires placarding.
Failure to file and pay the registration fee can result in a citation and fine. The enforcement date to register for 2013 is Jan. 1, 2013.
Please use the link below to apply and pay for 2013 UCR credentials. Once the website appears:
- Click the link "Start UCR Registration" on the right side of the screen.
- Sign on using guest as the user name and guest1 as the password.
2013 renewal — www.ucr.in.gov