Application for IFTA License

A permanent fuel license may be obtained from the Office of Motor Carrier Services. The cost of a permanent fuel license is $10 and the application must be complete and include, but not be limited to, the following information:

  • Name and address of company, corporation, or owner who operates or controls the qualified vehicle(s);
  • Name(s) and address(es) of principal or corporate officers;
  • Signature and telephone number of contact person; and
  • A power of attorney if someone other than an officer or employee of the company will be completing quarterly reports or requesting information from the department.

Decals must be renewed and paid for annually. An application for IFTA decals will be mailed in September with the third quarter tax report. One decal must be placed on EACH exterior side of the vehicle cab. Decals are sold in sets of two at 50 cents a set.