Changes to the International Registration Plan (IRP)
Coming Jan. 1, 2015 (new)
IRP ballot change effective Jan. 1, 2015The IRP community passed a ballot implementing the Full Reciprocity Plan (FRP). The FRP will be more efficient and flexible for member jurisdictions and registrants by granting full reciprocity for all apportioned vehicles registered under the IRP in all member jurisdictions.
How will FRP work?
- All jurisdictions will be displayed on the cab card, so you no longer need to select the jurisdictions you intend to operate it in.
- Registration fees will be based on your fleetís actual distance for the reporting period; estimating distance will no longer be necessary.
- Adding jurisdiction supplements will be eliminated.
- The IRP registered vehicles will no longer need trip permits.
- New carriers without an IRP history will pay fees based on the Iowa estimated distance chart for the initial application.
- Carriers will be registered under the FRP rules when they renew their IRP during the calendar year of 2015.
Continue to check this website for updates as the FRP is implemented.
To access more resources and read the actual ballot, you can click here.