What is DwollaDwolla is a payment network that allows any business or person to send, request and accept money. Dwolla has built its own network that securely connects to your bank account and allows you to move money.
Dwolla doesn’t share sensitive banking information typically found on a check or credit card.
What will I need to set up a Dwolla account?
- General information about your company and an authorized representative
- Employer Identification Number
- Social Security Number
- A checking or savings account
How do I connect a bank account to my Dwolla account?
- Once you have registered an account, click the Funding Sources tab from your dashboard and then select the “Add a Bank” button.
- Provide your routing number, account number and a name for the account, select the type of account (savings or checking) and click “Add Your Account”
- Dwolla will make two small deposits between $0.01 and $0.20 into your bank account. They typically show up in your account after 10 a.m. Central Time within 1-3 business days (not including weekends or holidays).
- When you see the two deposits in your bank account, go to Funding Sources and click “Verify” next to your bank. In the two boxes provided, enter the corresponding amounts of the two deposits you received from Dwolla in your bank account (example 0.03 and 0.12). After you enter the two amounts correctly, your bank account will be successfully connected with Dwolla.
Where can I get help?
If you need assistance with your Dwolla account, contact the Dwolla support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-289-8744. If you need assistance making a Dwolla payment within the IFTA/IRP online application, contact Vehicle and Motor Carrier Services at email@example.com or call 515-237-3268.