Carroll driver's license station permanently closed
The Iowa Department of Transportation’s driver’s license station at 510 N. Carroll Street in Carroll is permanently closed.
Customers have a number of options to access driver’s license services following the closure:
- Driver's license and ID card services available in Carroll Wednesdays and Thursdays
Services offered will include:
- Driver’s licensing and identification transaction services
- Drive testing by appointment only
- Online services
The Iowa DOT online services are available 24/7 at www.iowadot.gov. Services offered online include:
- Renew your driver’s license or identification card
- Change a mailing address
- Review your driving record
- Purchase a certified copy of your driving record
- Register to vote
- Order specialty license plates
- Pay civil penalties
- Kiosk locations
There are 24 self-service kiosks available around the state. A kiosk is in place at the Carroll County Courthouse. For eligibility requirements, go to www.iowadot.gov/mvd/kiosks.html
Hours: Monday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Other driver’s license issuance sites
Driver’s license and ID customers are not required to seek services in the county in which they live and may go to any issuance location in the state, whether at another county treasurer’s office of DOT location. For details including hours of operation, go to http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/locations.html
- Commercial drivers
Commercial drive tests will continue to be administered in Carroll at the Iowa DOT’s maintenance garage, 19382 190th St., on Wednesdays and Thursday by appointment until March 1, 2017. To schedule a drive test, call the Iowa DOT’s Fort Dodge driver’s license station at 515-573-5141.