Commercial motor carrier information
Commercial motor vehicle enforcement line
Driver’s license information
Take a customer service survey
Vehicle registration information
Vehicle registration is handled by your county treasurer's office. Please contact them for questions regarding your registration fees.
Send your questions, concerns or comments to us.
Got a question about your driver's license or ID? Get the answer by chatting online with one of our customer service representatives.
Have you visited a driver's license issuance site lately? Tell us how we did. Take the driver's license customer service survey.
Frequently asked questions
Driver's license / identification (ID) card
- Where do I renew my driver's license?
- What type of identification do I need for a new or duplicate driver's license or ID card ?
- How do I transfer my out-of-state license to an Iowa license?
- How do I replace a lost or stolen driver's license or ID card?
- How can I get a picture ID?
- How many days do I have to get my license renewed before I have to retake the test?
- What can I do if I am a victim of identity theft?
Under age 18
- What do I need to do to get an instruction permit?
- How do I get a school license?
- I have an intermediate license. When can I get a full license?