You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Download the most recent Flash plugin here.

Report a problem - contacts for signal malfunction

Signal malfunctions should be reported to the railroad responsible for the signal. At signalized crossings, the crossing number and an emergency contact number are posted on the signal house. If unsure what railroad to call, contact the local law enforcement agency.

PDFPrintable version of contacts for signal malfunctions and emergencies

Rail During Office hours* After hours

No responsibility for signal malfunctions. Signals are maintained by the owner or operator of the track (BNSF Railway Co. in Iowa).

Appanoose County Community Railroad 641-437-7029 or
641- 437-7118
Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad 800-626-0319 or
(Boone Co. Sheriff)
Burlington Junction Railway Co. No signals
BNSF Railway Co.

800-832-5452 (24 hour)

CBEC Railway Inc. 800-321-3891 (24 hour) 
Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway Co. (CRANDIC)

319-786-3645 (24 hour)

Cedar River Railroad Co. (CN Railroad)

877-333-7989 (24 hour)

Chicago Central & Pacific Railroad Co.
(CN Railroad)

877-333-7989 (24 hour)

D & I Railroad Co.

 ext. 132

If no response, then
D & W Railroad (Operated by Iowa Northern Railway Co.)

7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.

After 11 p.m.
641-435-4016 or

Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern Railroad

800-339-1080 (24 hour)

Iowa Interstate Railroad Ltd.

800-321-3891 (24 hour)

Iowa Northern Railway Co.

7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.

After 11 p.m.
641-435-4016 or

Iowa River Railroad

8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
641-858-6056 or 641-858-6053

After 5 p.m.

Iowa Traction Railroad Co.

No signals

Keokuk Junction Railroad Co.

Signals maintained by BNSF, call BNSF at
800-832-5452 (24 hour)

Norfolk and Southern Railway Co.

800-453-2530 (24 hour)

Union Pacific Railroad

800-848-8715 (Choose option 2)  (24 hour)

*If no response at the daytime number, call the after hours number.