2012 State Transportation Plan
The Plan projected the demand for transportation infrastructure and services out to the year 2040 while taking into consideration the social and economic changes that are expected to occur during this time period. Iowa's economy, its quality of life, and its ability to meet the challenges of the future will continue to require a transportation system with these transitions in mind.
Key components of the plan include:
- Trends: An analysis of population, economic, passenger, and freight trends, and what these trends mean for Iowa's transportation system.
- System condition: An overview of each mode within the transportation system.
- Guiding principle and goals: A description of the goals – safety, efficiency and quality of life – that will guide future investment.
- Investment actions: A collection of investments needed to accomplish these goals.
- Costs and revenues: An analysis of annual costs and revenues for each transportation mode.
- Implementation strategies: A discussion related to addressing the funding shortfall, programming future investments, and continuous performance monitoring.
PresentationsIowa Transportation Commission, May 10, 2011
Iowa Transportation Commission, Sept. 13, 2011
Iowa Transportation Commission, Oct. 10, 2011
Iowa Transportation Commission, Jan. 10, 2012
Iowa Transportation Commission, Feb. 14, 2012
Iowa Transportation Commission, April 9, 2012
Public input meeting series
For additional information, contact:
Iowa Department of Transportation
Office of Systems Planning
800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50010