INSPECTION & ACCEPTANCE
ENGINEERING FABRIC/FABRIC FORM
Engineering fabric shall meet the applicable requirements given in the Standard Specifications. Details of fabric dimensions shall be shown on the plans.
Engineering Fabric Forms shall meet the requirements of the current DS titled Fabric Formed Concrete Structure Revetment.
Acceptance of engineering fabric for use on Iowa Department of Transportation projects is based on manufacturer and brand name approval. Approved manufacturers and products are listed in the Materials Approved Products Listing Enterprise. (MAPLE)
To obtain approval, the manufacturer shall submit the following to the Office of Materials:
1. Product Identification
2. Technical information on the use of the product
3. Quality control procedures that indicate product uniformity is reasonably assured
4. Approximately a 5 square meter (yard) sample
5. NTPEP (National Transportation Product Evaluation Program) test results for all classes of Engineering Fabrics.
6. Products which have been tested by NTPEP and meet the requirements of Iowa DOT Specification for the class of product may be approved after receiving NTPEP test results.
7. In the case of silt fence, after receiving the NTPEP test data for the fabric, the cord / band and the full silt fence assembly will be tested to see if it meets Iowa DOT specifications.
8. In the event that a firm is selling their products under private label agreement with another manufacturer, the private label firm shall submit an application identifying the original product designation and a letter of certification from the primary manufacturer verifying the information.
9. Approval of Engineering Fabric Forms will be based on satisfactory evaluation of a preliminary sample furnished to the Iowa Department of Transportation, Office of Materials, Ames, Iowa.
CERTIFICATION OF ENGINEERING FABRIC FORMS
The manufacturer shall provide the Project Inspector the following statement of certification:
This is to certify that (manufacturer name, product name) this fabric form meets the requirements of the applicable specifications of the Iowa Department of Transportation.
Authorized Signature and Date
A responsible company representative shall sign the certification statement.
MONITOR SAMPLING & TESTING
The Office of Construction and Materials may request sampling and testing of fabric/fabric form for the purpose of monitoring the approval program at any time.