MECHANICALLY-STABILIZED EARTH (MSE)
RETAINING WALL PANELS
Provisions of this IM, IM 445 and Section 2432 of the Standard Specifications shall apply to the production and fabrication of mechanically-stabilized earth (MSE) retaining wall panels. Approved producers and fabricators are listed in the Materials Approved Products Listing Enterprise (MAPLE).
· Only plastic supports for reinforcing steel shall be accepted based on approved brands as noted in IM 451.01, Appendix A.
· Lifting anchors shall be galvanized in accordance with Standard Specification 4100.07.
· Panels shall be acceptable for shipping or for placement when 28-day strengths have been obtained.
· Failure to meet any of the specified requirements
· Surface defects that are objectionable.
· Chipping, cracking or fractures
· Units shall be handled with care, lifting shall be with padded straps or padded contact areas and shall be stored above ground on wooden or padded supports.
· Support shall be adequate, firm, and shall be placed evenly to prevent sagging.
· Handling shall be minimized.