Section 2304. Detour Pavement
Furnish and place a PCC or HMA surface to carry traffic during construction of permanent pavement.
Use PCC or HMA for the detour pavement. Meet the following requirements.
Design a mixture per Materials I.M. 510 for the following:
1. For detour pavement carrying less than 10,000,000 total 20 year ESALs, use HMA 1,000,000 ESAL surface or intermediate course, 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch, with PG 64-22 asphalt binder.
2. For detour pavement carrying more than 10,000,000 total 20 year ESALs, use HMA 10,000,000 ESAL surface or intermediate course, 3/4 inch, with PG 64-22 asphalt binder.
3. For median crossovers, use HMA 10,000,000 ESAL surface or intermediate course, 3/4 inch, with PG 64-22 asphalt binder. Apply compaction per Section 2303. The surface lift requires L-4 friction aggregate.
Earthwork quantities are based on the PCC option and will not be adjusted for additional HMA depth. Additional cut material may be used as earth shoulder construction.
1. Meet the requirements of Section 2301. Transverse joints, center tie bars, and sealing of the center longitudinal joint are not required.
not apply Article
s 2301.03, H, 2; 3; and 4, b,
unless stated otherwise in the contract documents.
3. Apply Article 2316.02, A, 7.
Meet the requirements of Section 2303.
Detour Pavement constructed, in square yards, will be the quantity shown in the contract documents.
C. Payment for detour pavement removal will be according to Section 2510.