The AMP-M5 (Andrew’s Metal Products, Inc.) is an adjustable, riser ring used at a specified location where a manhole lid is to be raised to the surface of the existing pavement or to a proposed new pavement overlay surface.
· The AMP-M5 can fit specifically the Standard DOT SW-602.
· The AMP riser rings are made of carbon steel meeting the requirements of ASTM A-36. The inner ring is a 3/4-inch thick and outer ring is 3/4 inch thick.
· The riser system shall be locked to the manhole frame with six 1/2 inch cone pointed set screws or cone pointed hex head bolts.
· Manufacturer recommended height of adjustment is 6 inches. Height adjustments are available in 1/4-inch increments.
· The outer riser ring shall have an inside diameter no greater than 3/16 inch larger than the outside diameter of the manhole lid.
· Any required welding on the riser ring shall be performed in accordance with AWS D1.5 Bridge Welding Code and by a certified welder.
NOTE: During installation check for full bearing of the lower frame section of the existing casting. Over tightening of the adjustment device may cause uplifting of riser.
Andrews Metal Products, Inc.
745 Andrews Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio 44505