What is Title VI Nondiscrimination Program?
Our nondiscrimination policy statement
It is the policy of the Iowa DOT to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
Title VI documents and forms
A signed, written Title VI complaint must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged act of discrimination. The complaint must include the following information.
- Your name, address and telephone number. If you are filing on behalf of another person, include their name, address, telephone number and your relationship to the complainant (e.g., friend, attorney, parent, etc.).
- The name and address of the agency, program or organization that you believe discriminated against you.
- A description of how, why and when you believe you were discriminated against. Include as much background information as possible about the alleged acts of discrimination
- Your signature.
- External complaint procedures (PDF)
- Title VI complaint form (PDF)
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (PDF)
Iowa Department of Transportation
Office of Employee Services – Civil Rights
800 Lincoln Way
Ames, Iowa 50010
Federal and state laws prohibit employment and/or public accommodation discrimination on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status. If you believe you have been discriminated against, please contact the Iowa Civil Rights Commission at 800-457-4416 or Iowa Department of Transportation's affirmative action officer. If you need accommodations because of a disability to access the Iowa Department of Transportation's services, contact the agency's affirmative action officer at 800-262-0003.