The Iowa Department of Transportation advocates and delivers transportation services
that support the economic, environmental, and social vitality of Iowa.
Making a difference in the lives of Iowans through stewardship, service, and innovation.
The Iowa DOT holds the following principles as critical to successfully fulfilling our mission and
achieving our vision.
- Integrity. Our dealings with each other, and our partners and customers are conducted
to the highest ethical standard.
- Transparency. Our decisions, actions, and processes are open, accessible, and
understandable - both internally and externally.
- Outstanding service. We provide excellent service by:
- Continually developing
our skills, tools, and expertise.
- Forming internal external partnerships.
- Finding innovative.
methods of doing things better.
- Adapting rapidly to opportunities and challenges.
- Quality work culture. Our employees are safe, respected, and treated equitably;
diversity is promoted to enrich and strengthen the workforce; and employees are given opportunities
for personal and professional growth.