Accelerated bridge constructionThe Office of Bridges and Structures at the Iowa Department of Transportation is responsible for the design, maintenance and rehabilitation of bridges and other transportation structures on the state highway system. Reducing construction time, minimizing traffic disruption, improving safety, and reducing environmental impact are some of the current emphasis in bridge construction. Different materials and construction methods are used in accelerated bridge construction (ABC) to meet these goals.
Additional information on ABC projects are available by clicking on the following links.
- 2014 Sabula Case Study Report
- 2014 Iowa DOT ABC Workshop Presentations
- 2008 Iowa DOT ABC Workshop Presentations
- 2008 Workshop Report
- Technology Transfer Summary
- ABC — Achieving the Need for Speed
- Iowa Perspective on ABC - 2009 IBC Conference
- One Design 10,000 Bridges Video
- 2014 PCI - Iowa Accelerated Bridge Construction History
Also review the ABC projects conducted through the Innovative Bridge Research and Construction/Innovative Bridge Research and Deployment program.