Registered motor vehicles
- The total number of vehicles registered in Iowa (autos, buses, trucks, trailers, etc.) equaled 4,203,979 in 2012.
- There were 940,734 trucks and truck-tractors registered in Iowa in 2012. Among the trucks registered in Iowa, 916,806 are motor trucks and 23,928 are truck-tractors.
- There were 871,850 registered multipurpose vehicles. (2012)
- Motorists purchased approximately 55 million gallons of gasoline and 1.077 billion gallons of gasohol in Iowa in 2004.
- In 2011, the Iowa DOT's Motor Vehicle Enforcement officers conducted 48,389 truck and tractor-trailer safety inspections.
- There are 12 weigh scale facilities in Iowa: 10 on the Interstate Highway System and two on the Primary Road System. Four of the interstate scales have PrePass technology. Click here for a link to the scale locations.