- Iowa collects 8 cents per gallon on aviation gas, and 5 cents per gallon on jet fuel. In FY 2015, 2.2 million gallons of aviation gas and 37 million gallons of jet fuel were consumed, generating $1.5 million that was deposited in the State Aviation Fund.
- In FY 2015, Iowa collected $1.5M in registration fees for aircraft used in Iowa that was deposited in the State Aviation Fund.
- In FY 2015, Iowa collected $3.2 million in use tax on aircraft bought for use in Iowa that was deposited in the State General Fund.
- $2.25 million was appropriated by the Iowa legislature for FY2015 for aviation vertical infrastructure programs. Airport improvement programs at Iowa's publicly owned airports received an additional $3.0 million from the State Aviation Fund.
- Seventy-eight airports in Iowa are part of the National Plan of Integrated Airport System and are eligible for federal funding through the federal Airport Improvement Plan (AIP). The AIP is funded from the Airport and Airway Trust Fund, which receives 100 percent of its funding from aviation-generated user fees, including passenger and facility fees, and fuel and cargo taxes. In FY2015, eligible Iowa airports received $50 million through the AIP for airport rehabilitation and development projects.